What's Wrong With My Desk?
The Ramifications of Sitting
Reduce Optional sitting
Perform 10-15 Minutes Of Daily Maintenance
You can also download my free 10 minute mobility programme here!
FREE 10 Minute Mobility Programme
Break away from your desk and set your joints free with the 10 minute mobility programme. Don’t let your desk cause you anymore pain than it already has!
By providing your email you kindly agree to receive email alerts from me. I do not spam (you’re safe with me) and you can unsubscribe at anytime!
Get Up and Move Every 20-30 Minutes
Use The 20/20/20 Rule
Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for 20 seconds.
You could also look at getting blue light blockers to help combat the disruptive effects of blue light
- Stand for 10 minutes, sit for 50 minutes. Over time, gradually increase standing time and reduce sitting time (i.e., stand for 15, sit for 45)
- Walk and talk during phone conversations and meetings with 1 or 2 colleagues.
- Take a 2 minute movement break every 30 minutes. Set a timer/reminder on your phone to get up and move. Perhaps integrate this to the above points where possible.
- Use the 20/20/20 rule at regular intervals throughout the day, when doing computer work for extended periods of time.
- Do 10-15 minutes of mobility maintenance before or after lunch when working from home. Or do this before/after work if working at the office.
One last thing you can do is optimise your work desk (or have someone look at doing this for you, many workplaces offer it)
Optimising your work desk to encourage optimum mechanics and posture when working can help to limit some negative effects of sitting, particular around the neck, chest and shoulders.